What he's reading right now
- Mr. Dhamija is currently reading 'Conspiracy' by Ryan Holiday and firmly believes it should be made into a film by Aaron Sorkin soon. He recently finished reading 'Sapiens' by Yuval Noah Harari which had a profound effect on his outlook and suggests everyone to pick up a copy.
- The 2 books that have had the biggest influence on him are 'Antifragile' by Nassim Taleb and 'Meditations' by Marcus Aurelius.
- Next up on the list is 'Existentialist Cafe' by the wonderful Sarah Blakewell.
- Mr. Dhamija is also a huge fan of Rumi's poetry and Neil Gaiman. You can keep up with his reading activities here.
General Topics of Interest / Potential future pursuits.
- Existentialist Aesthetics.(Not as fancy as it sounds)
- Astronomy, Multiverses, living in simulations (before Elon Musk made it cool.)
- Filmmaking and writing.
- Stoic Philosphy
- Improving education.
- Making Augmented Reality content
- Digital Art / Installation Art / Motion Graphics/ Art History ( A lot of art basically)
What he's listening to right now
- Glass Animals.
- Foster The People.
- The Tim Ferriss Show.
- Masters of Scale by Reid Hoffman.
- The GaryVee Audio Exprerience.
Except the aforementioned activities, Mr. Dhamija also enjoys watching and playing soccer passionately, eating chocolate and cheesecakes and finding alien life. He also possesses great marketing skills, ran LA Hacks, the biggest hackathon on the west coast and was VP of the co-ed entrepreneurship fraternity Sigma Eta Pi, where he helped convert pre-meds into student entrepreneurs.
Abstract Concepts/Values Mr. Dhamija believes in
- Don't do to others what you would not like to be done to yourself.
- Always be optimistic.
- Spend time in nature appreciating how mind-blowing it is.
- Never buy Crocs
- Cry during movies
- One must learn to make noise before making music